The Local Community
The community will benefit from Breakwater in many ways including the following:
Breakwater will create the opportunity for new bus routes, cycleways and pedestrian paths through the site to reduce the reliance on private vehicles and facilitate health and lifestyle benefits.
Open Space & Recreation
Large areas of the site will become new redeveloped as community open space and parkland for the existing community, as well as new Breakwater residents.
Neglected farmland will be cleared of weeds and coral trees, and rehabilitated with local native trees and plants.
The new open space areas will have:
- beautiful lakes with canoe launch facilities
- playgrounds, ovals and sports facilities, with ancillary buildings and car parking
- extensive walking trails and cycleways
- wetlands to encourage birdlife and improve water quality
- natural areas rehabilitated with local native trees and plants